But unfortunately, only a couple of bloggers achieves that. The others may quit mainly because they don’t see a significant rise in traffic.
Now that’s exactly where I am trying to help you. So, today I will show you how to rank higher on Google and get in more traffic.
In order for you to get traffic from Google, you need to get some things straight. At the end of this, I pretty much guarantee that you may rank your blog post on Google.
You may already have a website set up in your particular niche. So, what I am going to ask you to do, is to write a fresh article on your website. But, Not the way you have done it before.
The first thing to do would be to research topics/keywords that you are going to write. This is the most important thing.
Note:- I do not use any paid tools for keyword research. This is mainly because these tools have been proven to be wrong in many cases. (Yes, Ahrefs, Semrush are all SHIT in some cases!)
If you write on a topic that’s already been written by some established bloggers. You won’t even appear in the first 100. Since your site is new, there is no way that you can compete with these higher authority websites.
But, There is A Way for Your new website to rank!
Disclaimer – This page may contain links to affiliate websites, and we receive an affiliate commission for any purchase made by you on the affiliate website using such links.
How to Rank Higher on Google in 2020
You need to find Keywords/Topics that only a handful of bloggers have written or have not written at all. To do that, follow these steps:-
- Open Incognito Tab on your browser and go to google.com
- Type 1 or 2 words of your Topic/Keyword that you are planning to write and DO NOT Click search.
- You may see google suggesting other topics related to your keyword. Right?
Now, these Keywords get a decent amount of traffic and that’s the reason why Google is suggesting them to you.
Select a topic/keyword from that bunch of topics. But, DO NOT start to write on this topic. We need to check their competition so that you have a chance to rank at the top.
To check the competition, Follow these steps:-
- Again go to google.com, type the selected keyword/topic and click on search.
- Then install a Chrome Plugin called MozBar. This is used to find established blogs in your search results.
- After installation, when you search for the keyword on Google, you will find a small bar displaying DA(Domain authority) and PA(Page authority) below each result.
- The higher the DA and PA, the higher will be the blog’s authority. In simple terms, it will be harder for you to rank.
- Now, check the DA and PA of the first 10 results on Google.
- If almost every blog has the DA and PA in the range 0-20, You can surely select this Topic/keyword.
- But if it’s larger than that, check if these search results match the exact keywords that you searched.
- If it is matching, You may have to find another topic/keyword.
- If it’s not matching, That means no one would have written an article about that topic/keyword. So, you can surely select this keyword/topic.
Now, many of you might be confused by these above steps. For those people, here is an example-
Suppose, I selected a keyword/topic “ClickFunnels affiliate review”. This gets a decent amount of traffic as it is suggested by Google.
So I select that keyword and then I search it on Google to find the competition.
Since the DA and PA are below 20 for most of the result, I will select this keyword.
So that’s how you research keywords in your niche.
You may also like:-
- How To Make $25 Dollars Today
- 12 Free Blogging Tools for Beginners
- Wealthy Affiliate Review 2020! – Is it Worth The Money?
Responsive square -->
Writing SEO Optimised Content
After you have selected your keyword, you need to learn how to write content that pretty much will rank on Google.
Now, Before we start, I cannot control the quality of your writing. All I can do is give you a structure so that you can follow them.
Remember – Content is King!
There are some free tools that I highly recommend that you install. It helps you improve your writing and also your On-page SEO.
Rank Math SEO is also a free plugin. It helps you with your on-page SEO. You can install it from your WordPress plugin menu.
I suppose you are using WordPress. because Rank Math SEO is only available on WordPress.
So, Let’s start writing our Content.
I will take the previous keyword/topic itself, ie “ClickFunnels Affiliate Review“.
Follow this order when you write an article-
- The heading needs to be written first and it should contain your keyword.
- Assuming that you have already installed Rank math SEO, scroll down and you would see an input field called Focus Keyword. This is where you input your keyword.
- This will help you write your content based on that keyword
- Next, you need to write the subheadings of the content
- Then, write contents for each subheading. By doing this you can save a little bit of time.
- After you finish writing your content, Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see a score marked out of 100. Try to score at least 80.
- To increase your score, you just need to follow the instructions given by the Rank Math SEO plugin.
Awesome! You now have a completely SEO optimized post. But, there a few more things to do before you click that publish button.
Scroll down and you would see a menu called Rich Snippet.
But what are rich snippets?
Rich Snippets is the term used to describe structured data markup that site operators can add to their existing HTML, which in turn allows search engines to better understand what information is contained on each web page.
In Short, It can help you in your On-page SEO.
Click on the rich snippet menu and then select the type of rich snippet that you want. It can vary for each post. For eg:- if your article is some kind of a review, then select the review type.
Then keep the other options as such!
On the right side of the WordPress Editor, You can add some tags and a category based on the article. These are all the little things that you can do to rank your content on Google.
So that’s it, you can now click on the Publish button.
Next, I will show you how you can speed up the process of ranking your site on Google.
Speeding up the Process
Now, In order to speed up the process of ranking higher on Google, you will need to follow some steps.
Generally, For an article that didn’t follow any of the previous steps that I taught, will take at least 5-6 months to finally rank on Google.
But, that’s not at all a problem for us since we targeted the less competitive keywords.
In fact, I was able to rank one of my article on the second page in just 2 hours using this technique
To speed up your article’s ranking:-
1. Go To Google Search Console
I hope you have linked your google search console and your WordPress website. If you have not, then go to Google search console, and then add your website. Follow the instructions given by them.
After you link your website, On the left side of your search console you will see a menu called URL inspection.
Click on that. Add your article’s URL in them and click Enter
Then, Click on Test Live URL, This will take some time. After it has finished. Click on Request indexing.
What this will do is that your site will be crawled by google bots for faster indexing. If Google finds it to be good enough, you would be indexed on Google.
2. Manage your Off-page SEO
This one’s a little bit harder than On-page SEO. Off-page SEO mainly involves you to contact other bloggers and ask them to include a link to your content on their blog otherwise known as backlinking.
But, the problem with this is that it takes a lot of time. And moreover, the success rate is really low.
So, There’s another way for you to get some quality backlinks. This method is faster and easier to do.
And this method is submitting your blog posts to free Blog Directories.
However, you have to be careful when using this method. It’s not a black hat or grey hat method. But still, submitting multiple blog posts to these directories on the same day must be avoided.
You can submit 4-5 blog posts in one directory in a day. Not more than that.
While submitting, make sure that these sites have DA rating of 25 or above.
Here are some of the directory sites that I have personally used –
I can’t list all of these here, so check out this post which has 100+ blog submission websites. Please make sure they have a DA of 25 or above.
3. Social Media Accounts for your blog
Register an account for almost all of the social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, and Pinterest.
Even if you aren’t active on these accounts, just register. This will let Google know that you have some authority.
So, I believe that’s it.
Your article will most likely start to rank within 1-2 weeks. I am not saying it will reach the No.1 position, but it will most likely be there on Your First or Second Page.
But if you do not see them there. Shoot me an email at email@example.com. I will let you know where you went wrong.
Bringing in traffic is not only enough, but you also need to monetize them. But, most people make a mistake right here.
They choose Adsense thinking that would give them more money. But in reality, Adsense requires at least 1000 page views per day so that you get a decent income from them. Otherwise, you just make some shillings each day.
Now, the majority of the people reading this won’t have that many pageviews.
So what do you do?
Affiliate marketing, Of course!
Affiliate marketing is a way by which you promote other people’s product for a commission.
For eg: Amazon has an affiliate program and when you sign up for it you get special links for each product on Amazon. When people purchase through those links you get a small commission.
So instead of earning shillings each day through Adsense, you could just promote affiliate products, which gives more earnings.
This is how I do affiliate marketing:-
I directly link products in my articles and collect emails. Then, I directly send the affiliate products related to my niche through emails. This way is the best.
I will explain it in detail –
What you have to do is simply link related affiliate products in your articles. If your blog is on any niche, there might be something or the other to promote.
For Eg: if your niche is on Traveling. You can write an article like “Best travel gears to buy in 2020”. Then for each travel gear, you link an affiliate product from amazon or other affiliates.
This is great but once that visitor/prospect to your blog exits. You may not able to sell the products(related to your niche) again to that particular customer.
Responsive square -->
And that’s why I collect emails.
You can collect emails using opt-in forms, landing pages, and others. And GetResponse offers them all.
There are many email marketing tools out there, but GetResponse is surely one of the best. Here’s why I recommend it-
- GetResponse has a 30-day free trial. So, you could freely test out all the features and then you could buy it.
- It has the best in class autoresponder, email editor, landing page creator, and many other useful services.
- You could even design a sales funnel using this.
- Different templates for your landing page and emails available
- and many more
Now, I am going to be quite frank here, If you click the above link and buy this software, I will be getting a small commission for it. This is how I am able to run this blog.
So, that’s it then. I have now taught you how to rank higher on Google. If you have any questions, Comment down below and I will definitely reply.